Title would be for the most customers to consider an on-line do it you assistive know-how lesson
A Burnaby-centered non-profit supporting Canadians with disabilities is hoping to land in the record textbooks.
Neil Squire claims its team will be making an attempt to set a Guinness Environment History title for most users to take an on the internet DYI (do it you) AT (assistive technological know-how) lesson in 24 several hours to raise consciousness of the want for affordable assistive technological innovation options.
The company claims that on Dec. 3, people all over the environment are established to get component in the occasion to claim the Guinness Entire world File title.
Dec. 3 is UN Global Day of People with Disabilities.
Neil Squire says in Canada, about 80% of people with disabilities use assistive technology (AT), although 27% need to have at least just one a lot more unit.
Value is cited as the key barrier, according to Stats Canada.
These wanting to participate need to sign-up online. At the time registered, individuals will obtain a confirmation email.
Access to the lesson plan will be offered on Dec. 3, 2021, using the link in the email or clicking the My Lesson tab on the website.
To be involved in the report, the next have to be accomplished:
- The lesson need to start off and close in just 24 several hours from 12 a.m. EST on Dec. 3
- The Vancouver commence time is Thursday, Dec. 2 at 9 p.m.
- The lesson must last a least of 30 minutes, repeatedly
- If you are registering with your group or course, every single person need to sign up and go through the lesson for it to count as personal entries
Contributors will master:
- How Do-it-yourself assistive technologies fill a gap for folks with disabilities
- Encounters of applying Do-it-yourself assistive technologies from device people
- How you can get started off setting up Diy assistive gadgets